Monday, May 3, 2010

Cluttered Catch-All Area

When we remodeled and did an addition two and a half years ago I had the opportunity to design my new kitchen. Number one on the list was an island with seating as well as a large prep area. Guess what it's primary purpose has become? You guessed it, a catch-all for everything.

Every morning it is my goal to get this counter top cleared off and presentable.

The sad thing is, I am my own worst enemy.

I let it get piled up with 'stuff ' more than anyone else so I can't even place blame on anybody.

Yep, I guarantee I did not stage this for the pictures.

It's a sickness I tell ya.

This would be my ideal way to keep it at all times...

Now don't look too close at the counter on the upper left hand corner, this is the second messiest place that I deal with daily.

So, does anyone else have this sickness?

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh I do. My husband calls it Flat Surface Syndrome.

Laura Lynn said...

I am right there with you!! I can't stand that every surface in my house becomes a dumping ground. Right now I have to clear off the table...again!
Love your blog.
Thanks for stopping by.
Are you in the Pacific NW? Say hi to my old home!!

Laura

Lyndsey said...

I so have this problem.. my kitchen counter is where I finish and paint my crafts so my kids have to push stuff aside just to eat lunch!!!

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Don't ya just hate when you cant even blame someone else for it.. HA! See Connie, I would drive you nuts because I would be following you around putting things away.. LOL! I can NOT do clutter.. to me.. THAT is a sickness.

Laura Lynn said...

I am originally from Camas, WA and worked and played in Portland, OR.
Such a beautiful area! My husband is right there now on
his man-cation!
I'll be following along to see more of your crafts.

Rainy Day Farm said...

Kitchen table, that we don't acturally use to eat on, is my demon! Makes me crazy, and it is usually my stuff! Gee, I wonder where I get it. It comes from "the counter" in the green acres house!

Unknown said...

My sickness would be keeping these spots cleared off. I can't stand for stuff to be laying where it's not supposed to be. My husband's dresser drives me crazy! He's got you beat in the piling up area!

I got a special package in today's mail. Thank you, thank you! Look for a post about it soonest. I'm still trying to get caught up on work and blogging is taking a backseat.

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

Definitely! The end of the formal dining table is Rob's mess. The end of the kitchen counter is my mess. The foyer is the boy's mess. The corner in the living room is the dog's mess. LOL

Hugs,
Sissy