I am joining the Metamorphis Monday party over at Between Naps on the Porch. It will be worth your while because of all of the talented people who participate by sharing their makeovers.
I recently found two planters at Goodwill that sat in the garage waiting for inspiration to hit. They were pretty pathetic, painted red with some white showing through, not very attractive.
Out came the spray paint and the fun began.
Kind of sad.
.Here are the before pics of the planters.
The price was not so bad, I just knew I could make a difference.
Nothing like black spray paint to give new life.
Now this is where the inspiration set in. A few pumpkins, some fall leaves and vinyl lettering were gathered together.
I got the pumpkins at Michaels with my 40% off coupon.
This picture is a little dark but you can see where I am going with this. I turned the planter upside down so that the pumpkin would fit.
This 3M sticky tape is what I used to attach the garland of fall foilage onto the bottom of the planter
I had to turn the planters upside down because the pumpkins were too small. It was a happy accident, I like it better that way.
I needed to cut off the stems of the 2 bottom pumpkins in order to get them to fit.
Vinyl lettering. This shows me peeling the backing paper off and the lettering.
The lettering will be in the mirror image on the tape.
Apply lettering to the pumpking and smooth over with your fingers in order to get the letters adhered. Gently peel off the tape and the letters will stick.
Smooth, Smooth, Smooth.
I hot glued the pumpkins together then the lettering was applied.
I cut a fall garland to size and stuck it to the 3M tape just inside the rim of the planter. You don't want to permanently glue the garland to the planter becuase when you put away the fall decorations you can still use the planters next spring to plant flowers in.
I hot glued leaves from an old fall garland between the two bottom pumpkins. I then clipped some small maroon berries from the garland and glued those in between the top 2 pumpkins. The leaves on the top were actully on this particular pumpkin so no need to add anything there.
Double click on any of the pictures for a close up look.