Thursday, April 12, 2012

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, PINTEREST INSPIRED

Once again I was inspired by something I found on Pinterest. {I know!  Shocker huh?}

Over at Lil Luna's blog she did a tutorial on this cute Count Your Blessings photo holder.


LiL Luna's version (above) in black and white is fabulous


And as much as I love black and white I decided to do my version in pinks, greens, beige and brown.
This particular board is going to be donated to our church's youth fund raiser auction to help raise money for scout camp and girls camp.
I procrastinated and waited until after dark to take these pictures so they aren't the best quality.


Here are some different angles.  Seriously though it looks so much better in person.



In the next photo's I hadn't added the ribbon to the clothes pins.  They looked sort of naked so I went ahead and added the ribbons to them.




Here is a list of materials and dimensions.

1- 12"x20" piece of bead board
4- 4.5"x6.5" pieces of very thin board (1/8" birch plywood I think)
1- 12"x2" piece of bead board.
Antique white craft paint
Scrapbook paper (your choice)
Embellishments (your choice)
Vinyl lettering
4- 2" mini clothes pins

For a good picture tutorial go to Lil Luna.




8 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That is seriously so cute. You are very creative and I love your version. That is generous of you to donate that for a fundraiser.

You are amazing..

Mimi said...

WOW! It's gorgeous, you could actualy sell these!

Lori said...

That is so cute! What a great craft. We are doing an auction for our camp fundraiser...I might have to make something like this to donate...Great job!!

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Great job Connie! I love the bead-board.. such a great idea. I'm thinking that's gonna get snatched right up at the auction. Very nice.

Patricia said...

Hey there, that project looks good. I wonder if you might paint or cover the face of the clothespins with matching or contrasting paper. What a sweet gift idea. How's that new puppy doing? Take care,

Unknown said...

Seeing your work almost makes me want to get over my fear of my Silhouette. Almost.

Jane Isfeld Still said...

Your work is always AMAZING! What fun to have an excuse to make another craft! Cute 'KIDS'. (I was browsing some of your other posts. :)

Six Sisters said...

This is so cute! Bead board is fun to work with. We're so glad that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back soon. -The Sisters