Sunday, July 3, 2011

OREGON GARDEN INSPIRATION

Last week we took a short four day trip around Oregon.  Our first stop was the Oregon Garden located in Silverton. 


Because of the late and wet spring we have had the garden wasn't quite in full bloom yet.  There were some beautiful theme gardens as well as fountains and walking trials.

Here are a few of the MANY photo's I took.
















Oh how I wish I had my own personal gardener and a greenhouse. 

My grandfather always had such a beautiful yard when I was growing up.  They lived in the Columbia River Gorge, (Cascade Locks, Oregon to be exact).  There was always something in bloom.  I know I didn't appreciate it that much as a kid but I sure have a love of beautiful gardens and flowers now.

After leaving the beautiful Oregon Garden we headed over the Cascade Mountains to Sisters, Oregon.  What a fun little town that was.  It has an old west charm without being too cow-boyish.
I will be posting about that tomorrow.

8 comments:

CB said...

Those gardens are sensational - so much beauty!
I truly wish I had the talent (and the money) to do that in my yard!

I LOVE Sisters Oregon - My favorite quilt store is there (did you see it) and it truly is such a cute little town - can't wait for your post!

Patricia said...

The next to the last photo is just beautiful. Of course they all are, but it's my favorite.
I'd love to see the hillside garden (photo #2) when it fills out. Looks like a lovely garden to explore. Thanks.

Momza said...

Connie,
those photos are beautiful! You should frame a few of them!!!

Saimi said...

I think you found the Garden of Eden!
Those gardens are gorgeous!!

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Yay.. glad you enjoyed your trip. Beautiful gardens! Sounds like a neat town as well.

Picture 15.... WOW.. that is one gorgeous flower.

Lori said...

What a beautiful place!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Beautiful photos! There aren't many places prettier than the Willamette Valley on a NICE/DRY summer day! Can't wait for your pics of Sisters-adorable little town. Just don't go further east to Redmond -- dumpy!

Rainy Day Farm said...

Very pretty pics. I love the statue of the boy and girl in the water. Love it.