Saturday, December 11, 2010

CUTE SANTA HATS

My friend Christine made these adorable Santa hats the last couple of years for the bazaar and I somehow ended up with three of them.  I wasn't sure what I would do with them, I just knew they were adorable. 
So this year we went from a seven foot Christmas tree to a nine foot Christmas tree which created a 'happy accident', I needed more ornaments.  I decided to tuck the hats into some holes and loved how they looked.




I have also been whining that my sewing machine died on me last spring.  I was able to get a new one on Cyber Monday for a REALLY great price.  (Kind of a little reward to myself for working so hard on the craft bazaar).
I plan on making a few more Santa hats for the tree to fill in some of those holes.
Thanks Christine for the inspiration.(Be sure and check out her adorable blog that has lots of cute ideas she has made with fabric.  She is quite the seamstress and crafter)


9 comments:

Randy Hall said...

I love those santa hats!!! Very cute idea to put them in the tree. We need to come and check out your tree soon!

tammy said...

So cute!! I think I love the polka dot one the best. And I think even I could handle this project. Maybe I'll work on them for next year.

Tina❀ said...

oh my goodness are those the cutest things EVER! Love them.

Christine said...

Thanks Connie, you're sweet! The hats on your treat look great, what a great idea.

Christine said...

Oh yeah, and congrats on your new sewing machine, you deserve it!

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR CONNIE,
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW SEWING MACHINE. I HAVE ASKED MY PARENTS FOR A SEWING MACHINE FOR CHRISTMAS...THEN BEGINS MY JOURNEY TO LEARN TO SEW.
THESE HATS ARE SO VERY CUTE...CUTE...CUTE
I LOVE THE POLK-A-DOT ONE AND TO PUT THEM ON THE TREE IS JUST AWESOME...IF YOU HAD A BIGGER ONE THAT WAS SEWN FROM MATERIAL OF EACH HAT ON THE TREE...YOU COULD USE IT AS A TREE TOPPER.
THANKS FOR SHOWING US THESE DARLING HATS.
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Saimi said...

As always you have the best ideas!!
Very cute!!! And love Debbie's idea of having one as the tree topper!

Unknown said...

cute, cute! will these be making an appearance at the bazaar next year?

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

So cute.. just love'm!