Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekend Thrifty Finds

Shopping was fruitful for my daughter and I on Saturday. We intended to just hit a few sales in her small town and then head into Olympia to do some serious shopping. Fortunately for us the second sale we hit was one of those rare sales where everything was cute, high quality, reasonably priced and plenty of bargains. The find of the day was found by Maria. She found an entire Christmas village for 25.00. We figured if you bought each piece individually it would cost over 200.00. (sorry, I forgot to take a picture of it). Pictured below are the treasures I found:


11 red and green charger plates.... $2.00


Three cute Christmas plates......... .25 each


Pretty picture (I will probably paint the frame)..... $5.00


Lamp for my bedroom that will be getting a makeover.... $5.00


Eight reversible placemats..... $1.00

Childs rocking chair....$5.00 {This will be getting a coat of paint and some vinyl lettering on it}







Magazine holder..... $3.00 {The lady wouldn't budge on the price}


Cute bench waiting for a makeover....... $5.00


Ceramic vegetable dish...... .50


Soup tureen, brand new, still in the box... $5.00




Bargain of the day......FREE!!!

I know she looks a bit frazzled but the picture doesn't do it justice. The lady from the awesome sale said she paid $75.00 for it but got tired of it sitting in her garage 11 months out of the year so she said I could have it...I did a little jiggy dance right in her driveway after which I ran with it to the car before she could change her mind
For more thrifty finds go see what other lucky shoppers scored at yard sales at Southern Hospitality

20 comments:

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Oh I love that bench! great stuff!

Amy S said...

awesome finds-- TFS.. I sell vinyl lettering--lots of colors and fonts- get in any size- cheap e-mail for details--SPECIAL going on NOW!! thanks-
amy.stamm@insightbb.com

2guysagirlandlab.blogspot.com

Sue said...

I like your bench find! What do you want to do to it and where will it go?
Can't believe you got your tureen for free! *smile*
Sue

Rhondi said...

Looks like you had very productive Saturday!!

Pam @ This Humble House said...

Love the bench! I am always looking for those at yard sales - haven't found one yet!

Bamawhitney said...

Great finds, love the free tree and the placemats!

Blue Creek Home said...

Wow. You got some wonderful goodies! I love the bench.

Unknown said...

You got some real treasures. My favorite would have to be the lamp

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice finds - you did good.

The Tattered Cottage said...

Great finds, can't wait to see your post of the redos.
Toni

Its So Very Cheri said...

I would have done a little jiggy dance over the tree too-I love Christmas trees.

Come for a visit.
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

Nicole said...

Hello there Miss Shadycreek Lane, I love your finds. I especially like the bench and the white dishes. Lovely! I found oyu through Rhoda's. I've signed up to follow as I like the look of your blog. :)

Also, I notice that you recently redid a calender holder into a chalkboard. I recently did the same thing and posted on it last Wednesday. Grata minds think alike!

Blessings!

EMBELLISH said...

Amazing finds!

EMBELLISH said...

I hopped over to check out your vinyl lettering blog and I love it however, I am not sure how it works. Forgive me for being so clue less. Do you buy individal letters or a whole word and do they peel and stick or what. Oh, and can they be removed and reused. I would love to see a post on how to. Thanks for sharing your blog is a lot of fun!!

Unknown said...

What beautiful finds! You did good!

Shery said...

Very nice haul. I hope you were in a big truck!

ThriftyAnnabella said...

You made some great buys!

Alicia said...

Love the bench and the picture. I would keep the picture the way it is, but then I have no imagination :0)

Can't wait to see what you do with that lamp.

Visiting from Rhoda's, please stop by and say hello.

Rainy Day Farm said...

That was such a fun day of shopping! W scored the best deals ever!

Sharlotte said...

Great finds! I love the bench and the lamp...can't wait to see the transformations!