Thursday, August 6, 2009

Fancy Platters


With the bazaar season just around the corner I thought I better get started on my inventory. I have been gathering items I have found at thrift stores and garage sales that I might be able to transform into cute things to sell. I picked up two platters at a yard sale for .25 each.
I am fortunate enough to own a vinyl cutting machine which comes in handy for such projects. All I do is use a program on the computer that the cutting machine is hooked up to. I enter the font I want, figure out the size I need, tell the computer to cut, peel away the excess vinyl, apply lettering to transfer tape and then gently place the lettering face down on my surface, rub the back of the tape that releases the letters and peel away the tape.
You can personalize almost anything with the vinyl lettering.
Now off of the computer and on to making some headway on some projects.

4 comments:

Natasha said...

Very cute!!!

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

These are just beautiful!!!! What vinyl cutter are you using. I have so many ideas of things I want. LOL I am just so scared of techno stuff. I was terrified of my first computer. HA

Thank you so much for you sweet comment on my blog. The sad thing is we are just now developing a closer relationship. It took my parent's divorce to wake me up.

Cece

Rainy Day Farm said...

Wow!!! Those turned out even better than I thought they would have. Those are going to fly too!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just found your blog today. You are VERY inspiring! I would love to be able to make some of these types of projects to give to my newly married daughters, friends and family as gifts. What kind of vinyl cutter do you use? Where can I find more information on vinyl cutters? Thank you!
Off to read about some more of you projects...
Sharon