Tuesday, August 7, 2012

SPECIAL ORDER "I AM A CHILD OF GOD" CANVAS

I got a special request for one of the canvases that I make from my friend Pam that now lives in Texas.  I have been making "You Are My Sunshine" canvases and after seeing them posted on Facebook she requested one that had the song "I Am A Child Of God" on it instead.  It is going in her twelve year old daughters bedroom.  I think just about any song lyrics would work and the color combinations you could do with scrapbook paper are endless.



This is the finished sign.


Here is a side by side look at the signs.  The one one the left is actually made with an 8x24 pine board and the one on the right is on an 8x24 canvas.



I tried to match the colors of the comforter in her bedroom which she sent me a link to the store where she bought it.



Purple, lavender, turquoise, and various shades of green look so good together (IMO).

5 comments:

Patricia said...

I really like the yellow banner on the 'You are My Sunshine ' one. They both look very nice.

Lori said...

So cute!! And a great reminder for her sweet daughter!!

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Very Nice Connie. I too love the yellow banner, nice touch!

ruready2craft said...

I love this inspirational canvas. Visiting from Lil' Luna link party.

http://ruready2craft.blogspot.com

Randy Hall said...

These are both great! You are so good at making things like that. We are soon going to be turning Dawson's room into a big girl room next month, so I may need to pick your brain... we might need something like this...