Saturday, August 18, 2012

CANVAS PATCHWORK INSPIRED FROM PINTEREST

I was inspired by this canvas patchwork from Pinterest.  It is from ANNETTE'S CREATIVE JOURNEY BLOG, she used her inspiration from a book by Tim Holtz.  He is a designer and artist with a whole line of crafting products that you can purchase at most craft stores.

{Inspiration Piece}




 My interpretation is below.  I happened to have a packet of Tim Holtz's scrapbook paper in my stash and was able to also find some different embellishments I already had on hand.  I used an 11x14 canvas that I painted a chocolate brown then I just cut up the paper until I found a combination  liked.


Although she used bright and vibrant colors, which I love, I decided to use a  
more muted color scheme. I was tickled when I found this cute metal piece with the sweet saying on it (it was one of those things I picked up one time thinking I would find some use for it, I love it when I do that and I actually find a use for it!) .  I really like how it turned out. 
It will be going into my inventory for the bazaar, one more project closer to my goal of 150 items.

4 comments:

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Connie, that is so beautiful. I love your interpretation and the dimensional elements you added.

Momza said...

Connie, I so wish we lived closer bc I would enjoy coming to your bazaar every year! That is darling!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I totally love that!!!!!
Oh my goodness you are so talented. Yours is darling.

Lori said...

So cute!! I pinned that project but have yet to start...WTG!!!