Thursday, January 26, 2012

THRIFTY IDEAS FROM PINTEREST

On my Pinterest homepage I have a board (category) titled Nifty and Thrifty.  Today I thought I would show you some Thrifty ideas I have pinned.
Please Note:  I have not tried all of these yet but hope to soon.

 1. This is a good idea.  Make your own dishwasher detergent and scouring powder. 




2.  So how many of us have baking sheets that look like the right side of this pan?  You know you do and so do I but this looks like a great solution to this dilemma.  Check here for the "miracle"  products that change this uck, yucky looking pan to a cleaned up finish.


3.  How about a homemade recipe for Mod Podge?  Head on over the the DIY Diva's blog for the recipe.  This is a great savings as Mod Podge can be a little on the expensive side.  I actually did make some of this and it worked great.
4.  Do you love Febreze?  I spray it quite often as we have a neighborhood roaming cat that likes to leave his scent on our front porch. (Go here and see the post about me wanting to kill it.  I actually got a pellet shot off at him but I missed him.)  Here is the link I can't wait to try this.


5.  Do you have microfiber fabric furniture?  It is great and wears well but it can get to looking a little dingy and trying to clean it with a water based cleaner can leave spots when it dries.  Here is a great tip for cleaning your furniture without leaving spots.



6.  Here is a great tip for cleaning mattresses. 

 I need to go and get started on some deep cleaning (except for the homemade Mod Podge which makes me want to go decoupage something) now that I have some inspiration from Pinterest.
Happy Cleaning
and crafting~!

12 comments:

Natasha in Oz said...

You found some great ideas and they look so budget friendly too! I would love to know how they turn out and if they are successful if you try them!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

CB said...

I have to admit I always see these make it yourself cleaners and have never tried any. I am a lazy thing sometimes :-D
The microfiber one looks great though - this may be a first for me!!

Julie Harward said...

These are great ones...such an amazing place of idea sharing that Pinterest! ;D

Saimi said...

I'm all for nifty thrifty but I'm like Cherie, I'm kinda lazy too. Great ideas though!

Oh, I did in fact put away in my storage the ingredients as well as the recipe for homemade laundry detergent for the future. I guess that accounts for something....right??

Rainy Day Farm said...

I am going to have to try some of those. Love the fabreeze one.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I made homemade laundry soap. I haven't bought laundry soap since before Halloween.

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Give us a review on the Mattress cleaning if you try it.

Unknown said...

I'm really interested in trying the Febreze and Mod Podge ones! Thanks for sharing.

And I credit you with my addiction to Pinterest. I had pretty much just pinned things here and there, but now I search. Yikes!

Quiltingranny said...

So many cool ideas out there. I would love one that cleans my dining room chairs that are made out of a berber like fabric! Aside from that, I find in the end making my own detergent costs me just as much as buying it does since I live in the sticks and have no large outlet stores I can purchase from! Thanks for sharing all these neat ideas!

Lori said...

I need to try these!! Good finds!!

Jane Isfeld Still said...

Great entry!! Connie I was trying to figure how to put stuff on my pinterest page. Can't figure out how to do it or where to go for original ideas or do you just repin. I am SO lame I KNOW!! LOL

Patricia said...

Pinterest is fun. I haven't spent a lot of time on it, but I like being able to save ideas with the direct link back to where I found it.
I also want to say thanks for being here. I appreciate your visits and the uplifting comments you've left for me.