Sunday, February 13, 2011

MOTHER DAUGHTER TIME

One of my favorite things to do is to go visit at my daughters house and help her do mini makeovers.  It is something we do occasionally to help get a new look going when things get blah!  She comes to my house and does the same thing.  It is so nice to get someone elses ideas.  We rarely buy anything new, we just rearrange what we've got.  We pull things from all over the house to make these changes.

Here is Maria up pulling things down that have been up since they built their house five years ago.  She was getting that ho hum, blah feeling about her kitchen. 
(Bad photo, the settings on my camera were not set right but this is the only picture I have of the before.)


This is what we came up with for this area.  The chicken picture was taken from the dining room, the apples used to be in a large jar on the upper shelf but we stacked them on a wire pedestal thingy then added some cookbooks (you can't see them behind her) and a cute chicken feeder made from a Mason jar.
On the upper left ledge she added a crock and an old butter churn she got from her husband's grandmother. 
The wooden horse was a nice touch, it was something that Maria's great-grandmother gave her.


Overall, I think she was happy with the results.
(Photo courtesy of her son goofing around with my camera.)

11 comments:

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

It looks great Connie!! Nothing better to rearrange things and it doesn't cost a thing :) I think that is awesome having that time together. Good job girls!!

tammy said...

Looks cute! I am a big fan of rearranging....just ask my husband. I have that same rooster picture too.

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

That is cute! The best makeovers are free!!

Unknown said...

My favorite kind of decorating--cost free! Really looks good. Want to come do my house next?

Mimi said...

Lovely that you can do this together.
Sometimes all you want from a makeover is just a different look, and when you can achieve this at zero cost it's great, good on you!

Saimi said...

My first thought is..Aaaaaaah, she be careful up there and don't fall!! But I have to agree, the mini make over is darling and so, so, cute!!

I love the lettering above the pantry! Great Idea!!

What a fun mom you are!!

CB said...

That looks like fun and something totally up my daughters and my alley. Neither have homes yet so we just do crafts whenever we visit each other. This weekend we started making all the centerpieces for the reception.

I love what you and your daughter did in her kitchen. good job.

Rainy Day Farm said...

Yes, I am happy with how everything looks, but what is up with my butt! Time to step up the zumba workouts.

Lori said...

I love free make-overs!! It looks so cute!

Carol E Wyer said...

It's at times like that when I wish I had a girl and not a boy. Looks like fun quality time.

Brenda Susan said...

Very cute makeover! It always feels so good to make a change like that!