Thursday, September 16, 2010

Computer Problems

Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I got my new Silhouette both of my computers (the laptop and the desktop) get some ugly virus. As I type my WONDERFUL son-in-law is working on getting the desktop up and going. I hope to get it by Friday so I can get back to crafting and experimenting with the new cutting machine.



For now I have to keep myself busy doing at least something so I have been making a new kind of flower (well, new to me, it is a new technique that I have seen all over blogland). I bought some fabric that is synthetic. I cut out several sizes of circles and clipped the edges then used a striker to singe the edges. I was inspired by the sunflowers I found over at CRAFTY SISTERS blog.


It is really hard to tell but there are six layers of flowers stacked together to make this flower.
Here is one that has seven layers of the same fabric. It is also quite sparkly but it's hard to tell by the photo.


I am anticipating the birth of a granddaughter in the next few days, I can't wait to make these into head bands for her to wear.





2 comments:

Saimi said...

Oh my, your new little granddaughter is going to be just right for the pickin' wearing those cute headbands!

Lucky girl!!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

How exciting of gaining a new little granddaughter :) You're going to have a lot of fun with her that's for sure :) I love the flowers!! I know what you mean about the sunflower ones. So cute!!!