Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Half Price Dollar Store Craft

I'm not sure if you can make a craft any cheaper...well maybe free. I found some wood word letters at the dollar store for...............................................HALF PRICE, that's .50 each. The only ones they had left were FAITH, PRINCESS, AND COUNTRY. I happened to have black spray paint and scrapbook paper scraps on hand so that didn't cost me anything.
I started off by spraying the whole thing black.


I then cut the scrapbook paper in the letter shapes (I actually layed the letters on the paper and trace them then cut them out.) I then glued the paper to the wood. Ta Da, all done, so easy!


Black and white, my current favorite color palette, who would have thought?


Creations by Kara

9 comments:

Unknown said...

what a deal! that is darling, love what you did! CUTE HEADER TOO!

Jane said...

I love the black and white paper you used for this project. It really transformed your 50 cent bargain. Great job.
Jane

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

WOW... that looks fantastic. What a find for .50!!! Connie, your awesome.

Cindy Loven said...

Love LOVE it!!!

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Hey look who's on creations by kara!!

http://creationsbykara.blogspot.com/

Momza said...

I wish I lived next door to you!
I'm so excited for my wood sign--it's adorable and my family is gonna loathe it!

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

Very pretty, love the patterned paper you used.

Sissy

Susan Anderson said...

I saw the cool sign you made for Momza. Do you do this as a business? Or are you interested in doing it? Please let me know either way, okay?

Great work!!

=)

Rainy Day Farm said...

Cute!