Thursday, June 26, 2014

I LOVE IT WHEN SOMETHING GOES RIGHT

Sometimes things just work out right and by this I mean Mother Nature's beauty.  All four of these beautiful blooming flowers are within five feet of my front door.
 
This basket is full of these blossoms in yellow, red and purple.  I am not sure what they are called but they sure know how to put on a show. 


               This is an astilbe plant and  one of my favorite perennials.  I just love the plumes of pink.
 
 
Hosta plants are grown more for their beautiful leaves with variegated leaf colors but they do also send up flowers too.  The blooms don't last long but these are just in their prime.

 
 
 
 
 
This hydrangea is just starting to bloom.  It was a Mother's Day gift a few years ago from my son and daughter-in-law and had pink blossoms on it but when I planted it into the flower garden it switched over to purple.  These plants will do that depending on the fertilizer you use. 

Along with crafting I love gardening, (well not the work as much as the results) and find lots of pleasure in watching plants thrive.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Beautiful!!!