Friday, October 22, 2010

Oh, Christmas Tree

I saw a tree similar to this one last year and wanted to give it a try. 

This is what I learned:
  1. It was much more time consuming than I thought it would be.
  2. I used an 18"x14" artist's canvas as the base.  Vinyl lettering doesn't stick very easily to plain un-prepped  canvas.
  3. I used spray paint (RUST-OLEUM, American Accents, Heirloom white) to seal the canvas and hopefully make the lettering adhere better.  Note: it helped a tiny bit.
  4. Designing the tree on the computer took about 2 hours plus another 11/2 hours to peel the excess vinyl then another 45 minutes to painstakingly rub each individual letter and graphic to the surface.
  5. It was so worth it when I was done, I love it.  {Once the lettering is on the canvas it is pretty secure and won't peel off, unless of course someone takes their fingernail and does it on purpose.}If anyone knows where I might have seen this please let me know as I cannot even begin to remember where I saw it.  I would love to give credit to the original artist.


There is a linky party at Funky Junk Interiors I am joining.Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

13 comments:

CB said...

That turned out Gorgeous!! I remember seeing something like this once but who knows where! Love it! Happy Friday :-D

Sherry@The BarnQuiltStore Blog said...

So lovely! Have you thought about doing a tutorial so we less talented folks could make one too????
♥'s
Sherry

Lori said...

That is so beautiful!!! I heart it very much! I so wish I lived close enough to attend your bazaar. What fun that would be!

Lene said...

But so well worth the work...It's gorgeous!

Janiece said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Chris said...

I would LOVE to see a tutorial on how you did this! Wonderful job!

Finding Home said...

Really beautiful, seems like it was worth all the time and effort!

Saimi said...

Connie you're killing me!! That is so dang cute and the time you spent making it is incredible but WOW did it ever turn out!!

I love, love, love it!!!

Tina❀ said...

Very pretty!

Brenda Susan said...

Beautiful! May not be too early to get in the mood after all!

Jane said...

That is beautiful. The care you took in making that really shows.
Jane

Sandy Ang said...

Graphic perfection !

Unknown said...

It was worth the effort! That is beautiful!