Monday, August 30, 2010

Crafting Has Been Put On Hold

Due to canning season my crafting has had to be put on hold. My family has been busy canning together and so far...


26 pints of tomatoes,



26 pints of green beans,


so far 24 quarts and 16 pints of peaches,

(plus another box that needs to ripen).




and 22 pints and 46 quarts of applesauce.


There are still 5 boxes of pears that should ready by the end of the week...lots of work but ohhhhhh so tasty when winter comes. You just can't buy this goodness in the store.






9 comments:

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Wow you have been a busy girl and I can see why your crafting is put on hold :) Good job on the canning. There is nothing like it. My Mom has done all our canning for years and so I never have had too :) Have a great week!!

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

WOW.. Y'all have been busy! Such yummy goodness to look forward to this winter.

Rainy Day Farm said...

It is a lot of work, but so worth it. Thanks for all your help, it is so much more fun together!

Jessica said...

Yum!! Nothing like fresh fruits and veggies!

Janiece said...

I can hardly wait to can this year!
Our tomatoes are just starting to ripen up and I will be making speghetti sauce and all that fun stuff.
I plan to pick up my peaches and pears this week when I go past Perry Utah on my way back from the doctors...
Life is good!

Saimi said...

And uh, whats not crafty about all that canning! I call that a true craft!

Very nice, very nice indeed!!

Unknown said...

Love peaches look so yummy! I can't believe you're not labeling each jar with a cute little font!

Karie said...

Oh, how I remember my days of canning. Mine were in quarts. Looked real nice in my storage room all lined up on the shelves. It is a good feeling. Bless you for doing it.

Green Eyed Girl Crafts said...

Wow...you have been super busy! Your fruit looks like a picture in a magazine... they look beautiful. My mom used to always tell me that if the fruit looked beautiful... it always tasted better too! Vicki