Wednesday, May 27, 2015

MOTHER NATURE IS SHOWING OFF

 

Nothing man makes can compare to what Mother Nature produces.

 
I wouldn't necessarily put these colors in combination with one another but when nature does it is stunning.  This is a Mother's Day hanging basket from my son Ryan.
 
 
 
 
This is a hanging basket of purple bucopa.  The camera lens cannot do it justice, the flowers are so pretty and dainty.
 
 
This is a double petunia I planted in a hanging basket, I can't wait for it to fill out.  
 
 
For the second year now my Iris's have done an outstanding job of blooming and showing off.  Again, I wish the camera could capture the beautiful colors.
 
 
Impatiens are always a favorite of mine.  These sweet plants bloom all summer.
 
 
 
Geraniums, white lobelia and sweet potato vine make great container friends.
 
 
 
I have posted about this hardy geranium before (it is a perennial).  This is one that puts on quite the show each year.  I have divided it several times, re-planted it in other beds and even given starts away.  The bees are in love with it.
 
 
Here is a bee enjoying one of the blossoms.
 
 
It seems like the older I get the more I love to plant flowers and watch the wonders of what Mother Nature puts forth.  We are so blessed by the beauty all around us.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Double petunia?? Be still my heart!!!