Below are the supplies I used making these hats. The paper mache` itches hats were bought at Michael's for $2.99 along with the black feather boa and the sparkling spiders. The rest of the supplies I had on hand.
Here is the steps I took:
1. Painted the hats with acrylic paint
2. Glued the boa around the base.
3. Sprayed the overall hat with a glitter spray. (HINT: Spray the hat before gluing down the boa, it wilts a little with the spray.)
4. Made the roses from wired ribbon then added some wire that I wrapped around a pencil to get it to spiral.
5. Finished it off by gluing the flowers and ribbon onto the brim of the hat. I also added a black bow made from tulle on the one with the orange flower.