Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Going back to school at 51? Am I crazy?

Ok, so I went and did something crazy. I have decided to go back to school and am currently enrolled in a community college taking Medical Administrative classes. It's hard when your brain has been set on cruise control for the last 20 years. (I took a business math class in 1989). That is as close as I've been to school for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng time.

The transition to "Student" is challenging at best. Where did all of my good study habits go? I read a chapter, do the homework,(at least attempt) and my brain can't remember what I just read, but I can certainly remember trivial things like my grandmothers phone number from 1967. By the way she hasn't had that phone since about 1977. She's been dead now about 14 years, so why would I still need to know her phone number? I'm sure where she is at now they don't take phone calls. Anyway, I am trying to squeeze college classes in with everything else like cooking, cleaning, laundry, creating craft items for a big bazaar next month, yard work, church responsibilities, grandchildrens soccer games, babysitting, paying bills, and a partridge in a pear tree, oh ya and Christmas bearing down like a runaway locomotive. Ok, take a deep breath and take one day, no 1 hour, no that is 1 minute at a time. The funny thing is, I wouldn't change a thing. I LOVE MY LIFE!

1 comment:

Rainy Day Farm said...

Very cute, I think you are the pioneer womans older sister!