Tuesday, September 27, 2016

RENEWED COMMITMENT TO BLOGGING



(Photo on right you can see the corner where the bookcases used to be and now the Pellet stove gets the corner)

I recently had to move some bookcases from my living room to make space for a pellet stove.  During the process of moving a few hundred bazillion books I came across some of my previous feeble attempts at keeping a journal.  I guess I have never seen myself as a very good writer so to me the journals felt like travelogues and needless to say they were quite lacking.  Last night before going to sleep I had the very distinct thought to return to blogging as my way of keeping a journal.  When I first started blogging I loved it and worked very hard at keeping it updated with family adventures and just some of my everyday life.

Move over Facebook, take a backseat Instagram, get out of the way texting because I am no longer going to make you my go-to communication, the blog is gettin' some more attention.

Here are just a few things that I have been up to lately:

 These are some of the last blooms of summer from my front yard.  I am going to enjoy them until the first frost then I will give way to fall and winter.


 With fall comes hunting season for a lot of people.  This is a sign I made to sell in a Salon that lets me sell some of my goods at.  I believe it sold the first day.

 I have always admired hydrangea wreaths but have been too cheap frugal to buy one for myself.  I happened to have bought different colors of silk hydrangeas for various projects over the years and was able round up enough to make my own wreath at a fraction of the cost of ready made ones.


 Another sign I made for the salon.

 These projects were made for my cousin who has a florists shop.  She is very generous to let me sell things through her store.


This is a custom order for a friend who is giving her daughters room a makeover.  Old windows make great frames for quotes, sayings and scriptures.


Nothing much has changed about my life so I don't expect to blog/journal about anything too wild or crazy, just me and my simple little life.

It feels good to be back...

4 comments:

Saimi said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you are back! I feel the same way about blogging - it truly is my way of journaling, after so many post, I'll book it through a site called Blog2Book - I also make one for my parents and in laws. After my Grandma died at the age of 99, i was able to go back in to my blog books and find so many stories about her that I posted. They were great to read at her funeral.

I've also missed you and all your wonderful crafts so thanks for returning. You made my day!!

Take care my friend
Saimi

Momza said...

Woohoo! You and me, sister! I'm so glad you're back to sharing on the blog!

Lori said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad I'll be hearing from you a bit more!! I need to get back to it too. I love looking back at the years of blog posts I had printed. They make wonderful journals!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I'm glad you are back. I too am trying to get back into it. I have enjoyed looking back over how things in my life have changed over these last 9 years and it is amazing. My kids and grandkids....wow.

Your craft things continue to be so darling. You are so talented.